Always try to get “A Head”

(Find the hidden cat in the video.  She's sneaky.)


Get it? Ahead- a head? Forget it. Welcome back to Reasonable Creations where I make models and terrain out of junk and hot glue.  This time around we have a strange theme and it’s not what you would expect; bath time.  Who doesn’t love a nice relaxing bath?

Around Halloween my wife was given a bunch of bath bombs (sorry if they’re called something else, that’s what we Canadians call them). One of them came in a cheap plastic skull. I immediately stole it. I also needed a larger base and took the lid from a carton of Epsom salts that would have just been trashed. And so I ended up with this bonehead:
 

 
rattle rattle 

Back

                                                             And a quick vid:



Edit: I'm not sure why but Blogger doesn't like this video.  Looking for a fix now.  In the meantime feel free to check out some other posts as those vids seem fine.  Bonus cat for the inconvenience:
Edit 2: FIXED





I’m pretty happy with how it turned out considering the materials would have been literal garbage. Yay for creative recycling.  I’m not even sure what to run this as but rest assured I will find a way to get my party to fight it. Though knowing them they’d befriend it.


Anyway, let’s get to the how. You’ll first need your skull- they’re pretty easy to find and very cheap if you look around in October. Sizes may vary but the idea is the same.  I also used: tinfoil, a lid for the base, hot glue, dollar store foam board, push pins, and as always your dollar store paints, knives, etc.

My skull came without the top portion of the...well skull.  You may need to cut that out yourself OUR skip the oozing brains entirely. It’s your mini. That would also cut down the crafting time quite a bit. But if you like the brains being exposed, stick a piece of balled up tinfoil in and hot glue it. Fiddle with positioning until you’re happy. 

Next cut a small hole in the bottom for your glue stick stand and jam it in. I personally sanded the skull a bit so the primer would stick better. You could always leave it unpainted but my skull was snow-white and I wanted a more yellowed look.

Hot glue a bit over the tinfoil for the oozing brains but leave most of the tinfoil uncovered- it gives a great texture.

For the base I used 3 layers of thin foam board that I carved with my craft knife into stone, painted the lid black, attached the skull and stuck a couple push pins into the stone to represent plants.

That’s pretty much it! Paint it to your liking or need and enjoy your belated Halloween mini!

Comments