What’s worse than one Shambling Mound?

Welcome back to Reasonable Creations where I make stuff out of junk. The stuff in particular today? A shambling mould. Obviously. You saw the title. Thus might be a brief post since it was very simple to make.

  Originally my plan was to compare an old mini I had made with a newer mini I had made. However I realized that one was t really better than the other, just different. Maybe I’ve peaked. Anyway:


Plant monster



I’m not sure what you were expecting but that’s a shambling mound alright. Two of ‘em. 

Unfortunately there isn’t a ton of instruction I can give with these. I mainly stuck junk together with hot glue until I got a shape that I liked and that looked vaguely humanoid/moundy.  I can say that I used toothpicks, paper clips for an armature, dollar store craft sand and gravel, and of course lots of hot glue. The bases were both dollar store wooden bits, the older one is also covered in dollar store dried moss. I decided not to use it again because it’s crumbly and a bit of a mess to work with-but hey with a shambling mound that’s no a problem.

Next is using dollar store paint and brushes, followed by a sealer (one is gloss and one is matte) which for this mini I prefer the gloss.

That’s really it. Throw your garbage monster at an unwitting DnD party today!

Comments